Wednesday, January 13, 2010

*~CaLiFoRnIa~*

Headed to LA, California!

Zac and I went to Los Angeles, California last week for the Bama game:):) It was sooooo much FUN!! We had the time of our life just hanging out together. We flew out last Wednesday and did not get there until 11pm pacific time. Thursday was the BAMA game so we woke up early and headed to Pasadena. It was such a great atmosphere. I am so glad we got to go. The game was amazing, and we brought home number 13!!! ROLL TIDE:) Friday we toured NBC studios and Warner Brothers. NBC was not what I expected, but Warner Brothers was very cool. We got to see where a lot of things were being filmed and had been filmed. My favorite was going on the actual set of Friends. We got to take pictures in the Cafe!!! SOOO neat! After Warner Brothers we went to Rodeo Dr. If you do not know what this is it is a very famous road were all the celebrities SHOP. Kim Karadashian was there!! The hotel at the end of Rodeo Dr is were Pretty Woman was filmed. We also went and ate at the oldest restaurant in Hollywood, Musso and Franks. It was very similar to the Bright Star. After eating we just walked up and down Hollywood Blvd. On Hollywood Blvd there were may shops, Walk of Fame, and the Kodak theatre. The Kodak theatre is were the American Idol finalist perform. Saturday was our last day so we woke up early and drove around downtown LA. We saw UCLA, Southern Cal, The LA memorial center, ESPN, The Staple Center, and Nokia theatre. Nokia is were they host the Grammy's. After touring LA, we drove to Santa Monica to see the famous pier. WOW, it was so cool. There were shops, restaurants, and an amusement park. I am not kidding!! There was a roller coaster, ferris wheel, and many kid rides. After eating lunch on the pier we headed to Universal Studios Hollywood. It was a blast. We rode all the rides and did a tour of the Universal Studio set. We saw Desperate Housewives road, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Jurassic Park, and many other little towns that they turn into different cities. After Universal Studios we went and ate at Mel's Drive In on Sunset Blvd. I ate there while I was in San Francisco a few years ago, and had to take Zac there. It is sooo good. After eating dinner we had to return our rental car. BTW we were suppose to have a convertible, but it was no longer available, so we got a Hybrid Prius...Haha! Poor Zac was way to tall for that car, it was quite funny watching him drive it around Cali:) Anyways, after dropping the car off the bus took us to the Airport to head back to Bham :( Our flight left that night at 12am. I never knew the red eye flight was so popular, but half the plane was BAMA fans. We actually got a shout out from the pilot! We made it home Sunday morning around 10am. It was by sure a once in a lifetime trip! I cannot believe I actually went to the Rose Bowl stadium. I will post pictures of each day! Hope you enjoy..

3 comments:

  1. Brook! I didnt know you had a blog! I saw GLAZE on another PG friends blog and I thought it was you. I had to comment when I read your post- I LOVE LA. I always get a picture with a homeless person dressed up like some Movie Star (poor things) Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace I had no idea you were married. Holy cow, we have a lot of catching up to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously catch up. I lost touch with pretty much everybody and it is so weird to see people grown up, getting married and having kids and all that. But congratulations on your marriage as well. You guys look like you are doing well! (love the blog)

    And YES the married life is great!

    ReplyDelete